Monday, April 23, 2018

S'more Scripture Fun for LDS Seminary

I had leftover  S'more ingredients from an activity that we had at our house.  I just had to figure out a way to use it with my seminary class.  This is what I came up with.

Making the S'mores


Before class I laid out the s'mores on a cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.   Place the graham cracker on the bottom, then the chocolate, then the marshmallow, but leave off the top graham cracker. That way at the end of the lesson we could just pop them in the oven and cook them at 350 deg. for 5 minutes.  That's just enough time for closing prayer and clean up etc.  After the s'mores have cooked for 5 minutes, place the top on them and hand them out to your students.

Handout:


The Lesson:

I had the students work in pairs.  I gave them a few scriptures at a time and each group wrote down as many facts as they could in that scripture block.  Then I called on random pairs to share what they learned and we discussed it as a class.  Each group counted how many facts they could find and kept a running total.  The group at the end with most points won a prize (usually a large candy bar). 

 It was very simple and fun.  All the students seemed to be engaged and learning. I hope that you can use it also.

Here's an example of the scripture block 
that I used:

Ether 2
verses:
1-3
4-7
8-10
11-12
13-15
16-17
18-21
22-23
24-25

If  you are looking for more Holly's Home Seminary Ideas just click here:




No comments:

Post a Comment