Monday, January 8, 2018

Have the students teach Alma 17, The Story of the Sons of Mosiah, Ammon and King Lamoni's Sheep

Since most of us know the story of Ammon and King Lamoni's sheep so well, I wanted to take the time to really read the doctrine that Alma 17 offers us.  I think that we can get so caught up in the cool story that we overlook many of the things that we can learn from this wonderful chapter.

I separated the students into groups.  I made a printout for each group so that they could read their section and then teach the class what they learned.  It turned out great.  I gave each group about 10 minutes to prepare. 

The lesson turned out awesome!  The students had some great things to share.  I always love it when I hear from them.  We got to hear from all the groups but group 6, which I did the next day.  It actually worked out better that way because then at the end of the lesson I could do the minute-to-win-it Book of Mormon challenge where two students competed to pick of the most arms.  It was a blast.  

 Here are the handouts that I gave to each group.  If you would like a copy just click on the picture to make it large.  Then right click and copy and paste it into your printing program, or save it into your pictures.  I hope that these can be a help!

















Another idea that was fun was we had a minute-to-win-it race at the end of our lesson to see who could pick up the most arms with a sword.  The instructions are here.













No comments:

Post a Comment